As we met for annual planning with the church leadership and to evaluate and appreciate what God had already done, noticed we had some problems.
These problems were wonderful reflections of growth and new ministries. We are running about 3/4 capacity in worship but another 50-75 would start to squeeze the folk, so plans may be needed for two services before the year completes.
New Bible Studies are needed due to several classes started last year. So, again space will be required to multiply Sunday School.
The parking lot had already been expanded but we have out grown the expansion and more space is needed. Some Sundays 250 plus in worship and it seems all drive a separate car.
Good problem to solve.
God has sent teachers, singers, instrumentalist, missionaries, bus drivers and some to evangelize. Our calendar is full, so that is another wonderful problem as Youth, Children, Men, Women and Music all vie for coveted spots on the monthly map. Finances are great!
We decided one most needed area of growth was PRAYER PERSONNEL. So, each ministry of the church will furnish one person to help form a team of prayer participants to pray for these needs:
1. The staff and leadership and deacons
2. The teachers and mission leaders and outreach workers.
3. The needed space and supplied finances.
4. Unity, humility, purity, vision, patience, repentance and faith.
5. More workers, defined areas of missions, reaching the lost.
6. Prayer for missionaries and mission offerings.
7. Pray for other churches and convention leaders.
8. Prison & jail ministry, tutoring, poverty needs, drug recovery.
Of course, there is more, but by far Prayer is priority.
-Br. Larry at Blackburn Chapel Baptist Church
We LOVE you so.. how about liking us on Facebook?..
Powered By Facebook Like Post Plugin